Starting out and would like OneCNC XR4 Mill (Professional or Expert)

Thread: Starting out and would like OneCNC XR4 Mill (Professional or Expert)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Starting out and would like OneCNC XR4 Mill (Professional or Expert)

Hi everyone,

I've been machining since the early 90's and I'm finally at the point where I just about ready to start my own thing. (CNC's costing what they do it takes a pretty long time to get set up!)

Through out the years I have used loads of CAD and CAM programs. I used to swear by Solidworks for CAD... and still do. That I have a legit and working copy of. I also swore by EdgeCAM. So much so that I actually bought a copy of it from one of the companies I worked for.

Then I tried OneCNC XR4. WOW! The interface on OneCNC looks like a bit of a cartoon, but it is sooooo easy to use that it makes EdgeCAM look like overkill. Simply put for me OneCNC's simplicity and ease of use make it the perfect choice.

Unless you're doing C axis work on a lathe I personally don't see the point of and CADCAM on a 2 axis lathe.

But for milling (especially 3d work) it's a must have.

I know it's a long shot but if anybody is selling a seat of XR4 Mill (Professional or Expert) please PM me and let me know what you want for it and maybe we can make a deal.

Thanks Gordon

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by gordo600 View Post
    Hi everyone,

I've been machining since the early 90's and I'm finally at the point where I just about ready to start my own thing. (CNC's costing what they do it takes a pretty long time to get set up!)

Through out the years I have used loads of CAD and CAM programs. I used to swear by Solidworks for CAD... and still do. That I have a legit and working copy of. I also swore by EdgeCAM. So much so that I actually bought a copy of it from one of the companies I worked for.

Then I tried OneCNC XR4. WOW! The interface on OneCNC looks like a bit of a cartoon, but it is sooooo easy to use that it makes EdgeCAM look like overkill. Simply put for me OneCNC's simplicity and ease of use make it the perfect choice.

Unless you're doing C axis work on a lathe I personally don't see the point of and CADCAM on a 2 axis lathe.

But for milling (especially 3d work) it's a must have.

I know it's a long shot but if anybody is selling a seat of XR4 Mill (Professional or Expert) please PM me and let me know what you want for it and maybe we can make a deal.

Thanks Gordon
    Good luck! I bought a used XR3 Mill Advavntage seat and upgraded to XR4 Mill Expert. Excellent software and toolpath creation. So easy, I read the instructions AFTER creating my first toolpaths...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

You're spot on Lou,

Other software take months to get to grips with properly, with OneCNC I just got on with it. Again as you say, you can create toolpaths etc. without even reading the instructions!

Kinda bummed I have a copy of EdgeCam when what I really want is OneCNC!

Again if anybody is selling a copy of OneCNC Mill Pro or Expert please please please get in touch with me and let me know how much you'd like for it!

Thanks
    Gordon

Downloads
    Uploads

Default ONECNC

Hi Gordon,

I know of one guy that used to have ONECNC Mill Expert. I sent him an e-mail about your post and if he hasn't already sold it he will contact you via this forum.

John

2007 HAAS TM-1P OneCNC XR5 Mill Pro. Shopbot PRT running Mach3 2010 Screen Set, Super PID and PMDX Electronics.Check out my Gallery on: http://www.johnsmarinesolutions@gmail.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Default OneCNCXR4 for sale

I have the milling and wire edm package for sale